For an introduction to navigating this site, try the Site Intro  page. iptel.org is dedicated to the practical side of SIP-based IP Telephony communication. You can here learn about SIP and related technologies and how to set up and maintain a large-scale SIP infrastructure. iptel.org is the home of the well-proven SIP Express Router (SER ) and related tools (SEMS  - SIP Express Media Server, SERWeb  - WEb interface to SERi ; RTPProxy  - Media proxy server). This site is aiming at:
- iptel.org shall provide information and references on VoIPi  standards.
- iptel.org shall be the authoritative source for everything needed to set up a large-scale, highly reliable SIP service infrastructure based on SIP Express Router (SER) and related tools.
- iptel.org shall be a place to go for finding user-contributed documents, modules, code snippets, best practices, and links.
- All contributions shall be open for comments (without moderation) so that the community can find pros and cons right there.
- iptel.org shall not be limited to SER, but rather focus on the usage of seri  as a SIP server in a service provider/enterprise setting and thus include anything that comes with such a scope.
- iptel.org shall stimulate to development and sharing of any SER/SIP server related contributions, thus increasing SER's value proposition compared to commercial alternatives.
Work and Achievements at iptel.org
- iptel.org created the fastest and most flexible SIP server in the world known as the SIP Express Router (SER). SER is freely available from http://iptel.org/ser 
- The on-line VoIP knowledge base provided by iptel.org belongs to the most frequently accessed professional websites.
- iptel.org provides free SIP VoIP and messaging services, to which thousands of users have subscribed.